- Nutrient Dense
- Avocados improve the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients from other foods. Adding half an avocado to a salad can increase the absorption of key ingredients up to 14 times.
- Good Fats
- The good fats in avocados work to fight heart disease and reduce the chance of stroke or heart attack. They also improve blood quality.
- Sodium, Sugar & Cholesterol Free
- Avocados are naturally and completely free of sodium, trans fats and cholesterol, making them a super-food.
- Weight Management
- Avocados protect blood vessels from inflammatory damage and constriction. They can even fight the damaging effects of other foods.
- Avocados & Kids
- Found in avocados, carrots and tomatoes, alpha and beta-carotene are considered “pro-vitamins” because they can be converted to active vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A has antioxidant properties and can assist with Immune Function.
Avocados from Chile are simply super natural. They're as rich as the culture that nurtures them and as diverse and as fun-loving as the country they come from. Avocados from Chile make everyone’s favorite foods super as a natural complement to any meal, snack or occasion. Buttery-smooth Avocados from Chile bring out the best in other foods and add ‘wow’ to any recipe.
They’re a super natural powerhouse of nearly twenty vitamins, minerals and oils, and they’re also cholesterol-free. Super natural Avocados from Chile are grown by people who bring their pride and passion to the produce section at your favorite grocery store. They’re here for a good time but not a long time. Get 'em while they're Chile!
The possibilities are endless when you include Avocados from Chile
How to Select An Avocado
Spread the word, Avocados from Chile are making news.
Everything you need to Chile-up the produce section.
Chile is the longest country in the world. Nestled between the Andes Mountains and the Pacific Ocean, it is a narrow strip of land with more than 2,670 miles of coastline and an average width of 117 miles. Everything about the Chilean landscape is stand-out special; from the spectacular mountains of Patagonia to the colorful homes overlooking the bay in Valparaiso and the stunning green-turquoise waters of Laguna Verde. Chile is a kaleidoscope of color and culture with a history as rich as the soil and a future of infinite promise.
Chile’s unusually diverse geography offers excellent growing conditions, with avocados a prime and renown crop. The biggest avocado producing areas are in two fertile valleys, with their frost-free climate, and pure water from three rivers. Avocado trees are one of the few species that can be cultivated commercially on hillsides, with the advantage of growing frost-free, as the cold air moves quickly to lower altitudes. The majority of the groves planted in the last ten years have been established on hillside locations. Climatic conditions in Chile produce avocados of outstanding quality. There are approximately 71,660 acres of avocado groves under cultivation in Chile today.
The pairing of Hispanic and indigenous peoples began Chile’s ethnic development. Yet today, Chile has a population of over 17 million, comprised of people from many different national and ethnic backgrounds. A melting pot of people and passions has built a country with efficient transportation and communications services including a world-class seaport, airport and logistical infrastructure that easily bridge the distance that separates Chile from markets around the world. Chile has built an economy based on a responsible attitude toward work, realistic goals and products of exceptional quality.
The myriad uses and many benefits of Avocados from Chile are a reflection of the country they come from; a place and people defined by diversity and a joyous celebration of life.