Christmas Wreath Salad
To make a wreath-shaped salad, place a small bowl for the vinaigrette in the center of a larger round shallow bowl or platter.
Arrange bite-sized pieces of greens in the bowl around the small dish. Top with remaining ingredients, finishing with feta cheese and pecans.
Whisk vinaigrette ingredients together and pour into the small bowl in the center of the serving bowl.
Serve and drizzle vinaigrette over all just before serving.
- 4 cups crisp mixed greens
- 1 long English cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 mandarin oranges peeled and sectioned
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ⅓ cup pecans toasted
- ½ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or Champagne vinegar
- 1 small shallot finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ tsp each sea salt and pepper