Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Game Day
Preheat oven to 325˚F.
In a large bowl, beat the butter, avocado and sugars for 3-4 minutes, until pale and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt and stir or beat on low until almost combined; add the chocolate chips and stir just until blended.
Drop dough by the spoonful onto a parchment-lined sheet and flatten each slightly with your hand. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until set around the edges but still soft in the middle. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 1/3 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 very ripe avocado, pitted and mashed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet or white chocolate chips or chunks