Avocado Mac & Cheese
- Game Day
Bring 4-6 quarts of water to a boil. While your waiting on your boil bust out your cheese grater and get after the block!
Mix your cheese with the dry spices and set aside. Add pasta to boiling water. Boil for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, we are looking for the pasta to match your taste. If you like a softer noodle boil a bit longer. While this is happening dissolve 1/3 cup of powdered milk in 1 cup water, or you can pour a cup of milk set aside.
Once pasta is cooked to your liking drain well. Reduce heat to low or simmer, add cubed Hass Avocado and milk to noodles. Stir until pasta seems well coated. Next fold in cheese mixture into pasta until cheese seems melted. Enjoy!
- 4 qts. water
- 13 oz. whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 1/2 ripe avocado (peeled, seeded and cubed)
- 1/3 cup powdered fat-free milk
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 teaspoon. dry ground mustard
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne