Preheat oven to 425.
Scatter butternut squash onto a sheet pan. Toss squash with coconut oil, 2 teaspoons maple syrup and ¼ teaspoon salt. Roast for 20-25 minutes until tender and caramelized.
Whisk together dressing ingredients: walnut oil, remaining teaspoon maple syrup, balsamic, plus a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
On a serving platter or salad bowl, combine kale, caramelized squash, quinoa, avocado, persimmon and pepitas. Drizzle dressing over the salad until ingredients are glistening with a nice coat of dressing. (Note: you may have excess dressing leftover).
Season with additional salt and ample ground black pepper.
- 1 delicata squash, seeds removed, sliced into ½ inch semi-circles (skins left on); or 2 cups cubed butternut squash, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons + 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup walnut oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 8-9 cups (6 ounces) tender baby kale leaves
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, warm or room temp
- 1 avocado, peel and pit removed, sliced thin
- 1-2 mandarin oranges, peeled and separated into segments
- ¼ cup pepitas (toasted pumpkin seeds)