Avocado Fish Tacos
Avocados are a wonderful companion to fish. Put the two together in a soft taco with some simply dressed shredded cabbage and you’ve created a feast. Use coleslaw from a bag to save even more time.
- 2 Chilean Hass Avocados
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 pound firm White Fish, such as cod or halibut, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- About 1/4 cup Oil for frying
- 2 cups Red Cabbage, shredded or finely sliced; or 1 cup each Red and Green Cabbage shreds
- 1/3 cup bottled Poppyseed Dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt and Pepper
- 4 (8-inch) Flour or Corn Tortillas
MAKES 4 SERVINGS (1 TACO PER SERVING)
Nutritional Information per serving - calories 540, fat 30g, monounsaturated fat 11g, saturated fat 4g, protein 26g, carbohydrates 45g, cholesterol 43mg, sodium 1011mg, fiber 5g.
Cut avocados in half, remove pit, and peel. Cut in chunks and sprinkle with lime juice. Set aside. In medium bowl toss shredded cabbage with Poppyseed dressing, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Mix flour, salt and pepper in a deep plate with a fork. Dredge fish chunks in mixture. In large skillet over medium high heat, heat oil. Add fish chunks, cook until nicely browned on all sides.
Divide cabbage mixture between tortillas. Top with fish chunks, avocados and garnish with cilantro and additional lime or lemon slices.